Mega Update, Pre-Release Closing List

27 de septiembre de 2018

Before launching Pomodoros.com.br officially, I had to make a last list of updates, very extensive, that grew as I finished the tasks, but that brought great results from the point of view of programming and also many features for the users. The updates were:

Advertising Space

It was not the most difficult or the most laborious update of this round, but certainly the most important, since to date pomodoros.com.br, in almost 7 years in the air, never exhibited a single advertisement, having been kept with its own resources from the launch and until then in testing and development stage.

With the creation of advertising space within the app we can finally move to a second stage, supporting the expansion of the user network and further improving the service. At the moment we have no sponsor, we just opened the space, so know our sponsorship proposal and advertise your brand, product or service on our site.

Translation

The first version of pomodoros (Red), in 2011, already had two languages, Portuguese and English, with the qtranslate plugin, however as I add new screens and tools I left the translation for a second moment, the result was that the site was never 100% translated. The application was already in JavaScript, so I needed to create specific language files for the js, so the mess started.

In 2013 was released the second version (Green), also had two languages. another plugin for translation, wpml. Initially it seemed easier to translate, but soon it became a mess again, because as this plugin is for beginners and indicated for simple sites, also as I expanded the site it was difficult to do the translation, because it mixed parts of the words in source code and database.

Only now, at the end of 2018, I was able to take the time to “undo” all the “mistakes” of the past. For the translation was created its own technology, integrated with the new version of wordpress, buddypress and woocoomerce. Now with its own tool and the advanced method of translation, separating all the words into a language file in .pot format. Thus English was chosen as the primary language, and from it all new translations will be made, and only a small part. In addition, for new translations just send this simple file to a translator, who can do the translation and quickly the pomodoros will speak new languages.
Interface

The interface was updated in many parts, the main novelty was the implementation of bootstrap tables, they were implemented in the User Statistics widget, from the focus page, making the view much cleaner.

The task preview page was also completely redone using the tables, so it was also much lighter and easier to see the information. Finally, the project tag visualization page, where the bootstrap table was also implemented at the top, making the report much more professional.

And a very important update was made in the main tool, in the Focus page, it had already been “wiped” the screen, hiding additional information from the task with the Extra button, thus making the screen cleaner and easier for new users. Now it was implementing a new button called TODO, or task list, which displayed the task list when clicked and automatic dowel. For example, when used in the cell phone the interface was considerably simpler, more elegant and easier to use.

Bugs and Minor Updates.

Button Titles: a few weeks ago I was already bothering a little bug that changed the title of the application’s action button to the word Focus, at all stages of the tool, although working normally, this caused confusion in users, who expected the buttons, such as Focus, Interrupt Focus, Start Rest. In addition, the preset time only appears after clicking the button, now, after closing the pomodoros the clock displays the next action time, thus ending the pomodoro of 25 minutes, the clock displays 5 minutes with the Rest button.

Project tags: they were not working a few weeks ago, so some user projects were damaged, I needed to rebuild the project tags system and types of pomodoros to be able to work again.

Registration form: After some problems with the registration form, the registration process was finally stabilized and the registration interface closed, with a new screen for user activation after registration success. It was also possible to set the goal in Google Analytics to track the number of records and closely track the conversion rate of visitors to users.

Product visualization page: also the product page has been slightly updated, when clicking on buy keyring the screen is more rounded and similar to the registration and activation page, giving a similar appearance to all content of the site. The widget to buy keychain was also not displayed on the posts page due to a small, fixed.

Dynamic warnings: when the user clicks Interrupt Focus now a confirmation dialog will appear, to avoid inadvertent clicks, avoiding wasting time (user suggestion @Victor_Tardelli, thank you). Another warning that appears is when you close the browser tab with the time rolling, asking the user to confirm that they want to leave and lose the timed time.

Block wp-admin: An important security issue is to block the administrative area of ​​wordpress for non-admins.

It still has a huge list of tasks to close this list, less inconvenient bugs for the user and some new tools, continue reading our blog and follow the news of the project.

See the corresponding task: closing list